Sunday, July 25, 2010

• Weekend-in-Brief and Ode to Dr. David Oldfield (aka Part 2 of "First finals tomorrow")

While dumping pictures off my camera, I found these pictures of the last day of Gothic Architecture from Friday. I had to post.
Last picture together at the Union as a class. We are so presh.
We had drinks in the courtyard after our final:


We are flying buttresses!
You might be wondering why Dr. Oldfield is standing like that. It's because he's hiding his TWO glasses of gin and tonic!!

Hahahahahahah oh man.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Friday night to celebrate the end of Module One finals, the PA's threw us a British Bop, which is basically a costume/dance party where you dress up as something British.
My friends and I dressed up as punters - employed student boaters who swarm the main streets of Cambridge (and obscure my path to class) and try to get tourists to go on punting tours. They always wave signs in front of you and are pretty desperate/persistent. I guess this would be funnier if you knew what I was talking about.

 We came up with a lot of PUNts. Hah.
We also went down to the River Cam before the Bop to take pictures posing as real punters.

It was certainly embarrassing when an actual punter punted by and asked us what we were doing, and why we were dressed like him.
AWWWWKKKkkkkkkwwwwarrrrrrrdddddddd.

Blonde Bill Weasley went as James Bond. He held his gun and martini glass the entire night, of course.
Blonde Bill Weasley at his best.
Scottish Hollister/Abercrombie PA dressed up like a bronze Bond girl.
Yup. That was interesting.
I sometimes really hope people at Cambridge do not see the nicknames I have given then.

What great fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got back from a weekend in London, Oxford, Stonehenge, and Bath.

Oxford was... brief.
Stonehenge was rocky.
Bath was gorgeous.

I also got lost in London by myself at 11:00pm on Saturday night. It was dark, I was running to catch the last train to Oxford, and I definitely alsmost missed it by three minutes (just barely stranding myself in Paddington for the night). Funny-but-not-funny story there, probably for a later day.

Module Two starts tomorrow and I am getting all new classes. I'm excited! Super tired tonight (sorry for the somewhat choppy post), but real half-way point update is coming tomorrow.

Love,
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment